Ajax midfielder Donny van de Beek has insisted that he won’t part ways with Ajax at the midway stage of the campaign. The Netherlands international was heavily touted to join Real Madrid last summer but he eventually made the decision to stay put with the Dutch champions for the 2019/2020 season.
Dutchman has since impressed seven goals across all competitions for Erik ten
Hag’s side and there have recently been claimed that Los Blancos may revisit
their interest at the turn of the year. However, speaking to Voetbal, Van de
Beek dismissed the prospect of leaving the Eredivisie holders in January and
stated that Los Blancos are aware of the same, he told: “I will finish the
season at Ajax. At Real Madrid, they already know that. I do not like to change
teams midway through the season.”
Continue reading “Donny van de Beek rules out January move to Real Madrid”
Ajax winger David Neres has committed his long-term future to the Dutch champions after neglecting the advances from Manchester United in the Premier League. The Brazil international was the subject of a £46m bid from the Red Devils before the English transfer deadline and reports have emerged that the attacker himself turned down the chance to join the Mancunian giants.
he has extended his stay with the reigning Eredivisie champions until 2023 and
the same has been communicated by the Amsterdam outfit through a statement
which read: “Ajax and David Neres have reached an agreement for the extension
of his contract, which had been valid until June 30, 2022. The Brazilian
player’s new contract now extends to June 30, 2023. The wing forward has played
in 101 official games to date in Ajax’s first team, scoring 29 goals. In the
past season, he won the Eredivisie championship and the KNVB Cup with Ajax. In
addition to that, Neres made his debut in the Brazilian selection, which won
the Copa América on its home turf. The wing forward is a five-time
Continue reading “David Neres commits to Ajax after turning down United interest”
Ajax head coach Erik ten Hag has dismissed
the prospect of signing PSV Eindhoven attacker Steven Bergwijn during this
summer’s transfer window. The Dutch outfit had a wonderful 2018/19 campaign
where they celebrated a domestic double and that has meant that a number of
their existing players have been linked with potential departures.
Amidst this, the club are said to be
planning potential additions to the squad but it appears that Bergwijn is not
on their radar for the summer. Speaking to RTL, Ten Hag said that the club have
never approached the Netherlands international and he is certainly not on their
list for the ongoing transfer window.
He told: “Bergwijn has never been mentioned by us. Make of that what you want. If we have news, we will report it. That’s how we always do it. In the meantime, we do our work. We have our lists ready, going by position. I am not saying that Bergwijn is not on the list, but I am also not saying he is on it.”
Ajax have already pursued Quincy Promes to strengthen the attack for the summer and they may continue to recruit a couple of more players for the department. Hakim Ziyech has already been confirmed as one of the frontmen, who could head through the exit door and a move could materialise during the forthcoming weeks with Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur among the contenders. Elsewhere, the Dutch giants have been weakened in the midfield with the departure of Frenkie de Jong and they are now bracing themselves for an approach for Donny van de Beek. The Dutchman has been attracting interest from Real Madrid among others and it has been reported that Ajax could accept a sum of around £60m to sanction his sale. Similarly, captain Matthijs de Ligt seems another player destined to head through the exit door.
Belgium international Toby Alderweireld has suggested that he remains committed to the north London side despite the continuous speculation regarding his future. The centre-back is set to be reunited with Ajax when Spurs entertain them in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final but the defender has stressed that there won’t be any emotions during the tie.
He said: “I can make very popular statements, but I don’t know what’s coming my way. I do not say ‘no’ in advance for the future. But I am now fully focused on Tottenham and after that I also have a contract for one season. We will mainly have to play our own game. But at times when we are under pressure, we have to defend well and there may be moments to break out. But we can also put pressure, actually all the ways of playing football.”
Continue reading “Alderweireld remains committed to Tottenham amid Ajax return talk”
Ajax director of football Marc Overmars has indicated that the club are keen on keeping hold of Nicolas Tagliafico, who has been linked with Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur in recent weeks. The Argentina international has been with the Eredivisie giants for only 21 months but he has made progress to the point that has caught the eye of Europe’s elite clubs.
Speaking to NOC, Overmars said that Tagliafico remains a crucial player within the club’s ranks and the club prefer to keep him for another year at the least, he quipped: “We want to keep Nico Tagliafico here. If you start reading the news on sports sites every time, you will continue to give your question and answer. In the end, we provide the answer ourselves, because of course we are working with Nico to keep him here for another year. Let’s see that in the coming weeks.”
Continue reading “Marc Overmars insists Ajax are keen on keeping hold of Nicolas Tagliafico”